Energy Performance Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) is the Government's chosen way of complying with the Energy Performance of Building Directive (EPBD). Its purpose is to record how energy efficient a property is. The certificate will provide a rating of the energy efficiency and CO2 emissions of a building from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is very inefficient.

EPCs are produced using standard methods with standard assumptions about energy usage so that the energy efficiency of one building can easily be compared with another building of the same type. This allows prospective buyers, tenants, owners, occupiers and purchasers to see information on the energy efficiency and CO2 emissions from their building so they can consider energy efficiency and fuel costs as part of their investment.

An EPC is always accompanied by a recommendation report that lists cost effective and other measures (such as low and zero carbon generating systems) to improve the energy rating of the building. The certificate is also accompanied by information about the rating that could be achieved if all the recommendations were implemented.

Gas Safety Certificate

In compliance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, If you are renting a property, you need a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate or CP12.

A CP12 Gas Safety inspection certificate has a 12 month lifespan and so requires renewal every year.

You must get this from a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipe work, gas appliances and flues installed at your property.

All Landlords are required to give their tenants access to the CP12 within 28 days of the inspection. If the tenants change, they’ll need a copy of the CP12 certificate before they move in.

Each of our Gas engineers is registered with the Gas Safe Register, they are fully qualified and experienced in performing the necessary checks to ensure both the compliance with the law and the safety of your property.

Electrical Portable Appliance Test (PAT)

As a landlord it is often required to have a PAT test completed at the property every year. This will check the electrical appliances are safe to use. We provide a thorough electrical testing service for up to 10 electrical items.

Examples of items tested will be:

  • Fridge
  • Freezer
  • Washing Machine
  • Dishwasher
  • Microwave
  • Iron
  • Items with a plug


As a landlord you may also require an electrical certificate for the hard wiring at the property. This is known as an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). This is a more comprehensive report that looks into the hard wiring, fuse board, earthing arrangements, sockets and switches. These are recommended every 5 years for rental properties. The EICR is not included in this bundle however should you require us to complete a report please call the office on 0203 397 8220 and we will be happy to provide further information and give you a quote.

Verified Service Provided

Our property professionals are members of the relevant trade accreditation scheme.