Manchester, Energy Performance Certificates

Residential Home Owners, Commercial Property Owners & Landlord

We cover Manchester and its districts including:-

Cheadle, Stockport, Bredbury, Redditch, Denton, Hyde, Stalybridge, Droylsden, Failsworth, Oldham, Middleton, Whitefield, Radcliffe, Swinton, Worsley, Salford, Eccles, Prestwich, Crumpsall, Trafford park, Old Trafford, Fallowfiels, Sale, Altringham, Streford, Wythenshawe, Lymm, Birchwood, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Macclesfield, Leigh, Wilmslow, Irlam, Buxton, Glossop.

As from 21st May 2010 any property that is to be sold, rented or leased will require an energy performance certificate. (EPC) Therefore, if you are a residential property owner, commercial buildings owner or landlord and you wish to sell, rent of lease your property you are liable to possess an up to date EPC.

We have many qualified and experienced energy assessors in the Manchester area who are happy to assist you in achieving a full and descriptive energy performance certificate stating the level of your energy efficiency status.

We offer a professional service and a cost effective price range, starting at £36.00 for a domestic EPC and £150 for a commercial EPC. Please note, that if you are a landlord with multiple buildings, we at Energy Performance Certificates are happy to discuss a discounted price with you. Once you have booked your EPC assessment, either by phoning us on 0203 397 8220 or by completing the online form (‘EPC Quote’ link for domestic, ‘Commercial EPC’ link for commercial properties).

One of our highly skilled energy assessors will contact you to gather basic information before arranging a convenient time and day to inspect the key items in your property, to enable them to process the ratings and produce your EPC.

An energy performance certificate will be valid for a period of 10 years. Should you wish to make any modifications to your property within this time, you must ensure that your EPC reflects the changes.

Domestic, Commercial and SAP EPC in Manchester

Residential and commercial property owners in England or Wales must present an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) if they plan to sell, rent or lease out their property. Potential buyers and tenants will look at this certification to check the energy performance and efficiency of their investment.

We can help you secure an EPC in Manchester as soon as possible.

What are the Different Types of EPCs?

An EPC gives potential property buyers and tenants an insight into the carbon emission and energy efficiency level of a property. As the owner or landlord, you can apply for different types of EPCs depending on the type of property you own.

We make it easy for you to get domestic, commercial and SAP EPCs. Learn more about them below:

Domestic EPCs

If you plan to put your house on the market, or if you’re a landlord of residential real estate, you’re obliged to present a domestic energy performance certificate for potential buyers and tenants.

It’s easy to get a domestic EPC with the help of Energy Performance Certificates. You can simply settle your details and payment via the website or over the phone. Then, expect our local assessor in Manchester to arrange an appointment within two working days.

You can check whether your domestic EPC is ready for download by clicking on the “Track My Order” page on our website.

Commercial EPCs

The EPC energy efficiency rating system ranges from A to G, with A as the most energy efficient. For commercial properties in Manchester, you’re required to present an EPC to prospective buyers and tenants. Otherwise, you will have to pay the penalty: 12.5% of the property value or £750.

Your commercial EPC will come with a recommendation report which tells prospective buyers or tenants about the improvements they can make to boost the property’s energy rating. The certificate will be valid for 10 years.

You will need to get a separate EPC called On Construction certificate if the commercial property is a new build. It should be arranged by the person in charge of Building Regulations completion.


You’re required to get an SAP EPC for newly built and recently converted properties. It’s also a requirement if your property had a recent increase in the number of dwellings. 

SAP EPCs don’t require a site visit. You can count on our SAP energy assessors in Manchester to complete the desktop-based task as soon as possible. We use technical calculations and high-technology software to generate the Predicted Energy Assessment and the full SAP EPC.

Upon completion of the certification, your SAP EPC will be valid for 10 years. You can use it for any type of property transaction.
Energy Performance Certificates assists you in getting a domestic, commercial or SAP EPC in Manchester. We complete the process as quickly as possible so you’ll have no issues with selling, renting, building or converting your property. Get in touch today.

When Do You Need an EPC?

There are two main reasons for needing an EPC. First, you need it to sell your property. Second, you need to present the certification to prospective tenants. Here’s an overview of each scenario:

Selling Your Property

UK property laws state tate that you must have ordered or currently posses an EPC when you put your property on the market. Your agent should upload the certification within 28 days since the property sale’s commencement date.

Currenly, there’s no minimum EPC rating for domestic and commercial properties for sale. Nevertheless, you’re required to show this certification for any transaction. In addition to property sale, this includes transferring property for a pension fund or to another individual.

Renting Your Property

If you plan to rent or lease out your domestic or commercial property, you are required to secure an EPC before prospective tenants can come over to look at the place.

For property rental or lease, the EPC rating shouldn’t fall below the E rating — unless your property qualifies uder an appropriate exemption.

Otherwise, you might get a Publication Penalty. You might also need to pay a fine of up to £2,000.

Additionally, you’re required to present an SAP EPC for properties that are newly built, recently converted or had an increase in the number of dwellings.

These property types are exempted from presenting an EPC:

•    Places of workship
•    Buildings that are scheduled for demolition
•    Temporary buildings that have been around for less than two years
•    Detached commercial buildings with a maximum floor area of 50m2
•    Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural properties with low energy usage

To get a quote for an EPC in Manchester, click here.

Verified Service Provided

Our property professionals are members of the relevant trade accreditation scheme.