London, Energy Performance Certificates

Residential Home Owners, Commercial Property Owners & Landlords

We cover London and all its surrounding areas including:-

Fulham, Battersea, Clapham, Wandsworth, Kensington, Chiswick, Kew, Acton, White City, Marylebone, Islington, Shoreditch, Hackney, Holloway, Hampstead, Highgate, Finchley, Wembley, Greenford, Hanwell, Ealing, Richmond, Hounslow, Twickenham, Kingston Upon Thames, Surbiton, Chessington, Sutton, Croydon, Bromley, Chislehurst, Sidcup, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Woolwich, Greenwich, Dagenham, Heathrow, Weybridge, Watford, Barnet, Enfield, Harrow, Uxbridge, Romford, Slough, Windsor, Norwood.

If you are a residential homeowner, commercial property owner or a landlord, looking to sell, rent or lease your property, you are now required by law to possess an energy performance certificate (EPC). We have many local assessors who cover London and its surrounding regions. They are fully accredited and will provide a friendly and professional service in order to process your EPC efficiently.

After you have made a booking for your domestic EPC, a highly qualified assessor will contact you within 2 working days to confirm your details and arrange an inspection, 2 days following their call. Once the facts and inspection details have been calculated, an EPC will be available for download from our website under the ‘Track My Order’ link.

For a commercial property EPC, an assessor will call you and supply you with a quotation within 24 hrs. They will arrange an inspection day convenient to you to inspect key items at your property.

Energy Performance Certificates can offer you a great service at a competitive price. A domestic EPC starts from £36, whilst a commercial EPC begins at £150. However, if you are a landlord with multiple properties, we can also offer you the latest discounts available. The energy performance certificate is valid for 10 years. However, we advise you to amend your certificate should any changes or modifications be made to your property within this time.

Domestic, Commercial and SAP EPCs in London

If you own a residential or commercial property in England or Wales and you plan to sell or rent it, you need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). Potential tenants and buyers need it to check energy performance and give them a clue about the energy efficiency of their investment. 
Let us help you secure an EPC in London.

What are the Different Types of EPCs?

An EPC presents your property’s energy efficiency and carbon emission level as compared to the standard house or building. There are different types of EPCs you can get depending on the type of property you own. 

We provide domestic, commercial and SAP EPCs for you. Take a look at your options:

Domestic EPCs

Owners and landlords that plan to sell or rent out residential real estate are obliged to provide a domestic energy performance certificate for potential buyers or tenants. 

This is simple to arrange with us. Just settle your details and payment through our website or over the phone, and our local assessor in London will arrange an appointment within two business days of your request. 

You may check the “Track My Order” link on our website to check whether your certificate is ready for download.

Commercial EPCs

EPCs state how energy efficient a property is. The rating system ranges from A to G, with A being the most efficient. If there’s a prospective tenant or buyer for your commerical property, you’re required to present an EPC. Otherwise, the penalty is 12.5% of the property value or £750.

A commercial EPC includes a recommendation report which specifies what improvements can be made to boost the energy rating. The certificate is valid for 10 years,

You will need a separate EPC if the commercial property is a new build. This is called the On Construction certificate, and it should be arranged by the individual in charge of completing Building Regulations.


SAP EPCs are required specifically for newly built properties, properties that have been recently converted and properties that have increased their number of dwelling. A site visit isn’t required to get an SAP EPC; our qualified SAP energy assessors complete this desktop-based task efficiently.

For this type of EPC, we use technical calculations and updated software to generate:

•    Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA)
•    A full SAP EPC

Upon completion, SAP EPCs serve as standard EPCs that are valid for 10 years and that can be used for property transactions.
Energy Performance Certificates can help you get a domestic, commercial or SAP EPC as soon as possible. This way, you’ll have no issues with selling, renting, leasing, building or converting your property. Get in touch today for enquires about getting an EPC in London.

When Do You Need an EPC?

Generally speaking, you need to present an EPC when you’re selling or renting your property. Here’s an overview of the two scenarios and what you can expect from each one:

Selling Your Property

The UK government passed legislation stating that one must have ordered or be in possession of an EPC when your property goes on the market.

Your real estate agent has up to 28 days since the sale’s commencement date to upload the EPC.

There currently isn’t a minimum EPC rating for properties for sale. Nevertheless, an EPC is required during the transaction — whether that’s transferring a land title from a pension fund, passing your property to a relative, or selling it to somebody else.

Renting Your Property

If you’re planning to rent or lease your property, you are responsible for securing an EPC before potential tenants can come over and take a look at the property.

As a landlord, you’re responsible for making sure your rental property’s EPC rating doesn’t fall below ‘E’ unless you registered an appropriate exemption. Failure to comply with the Compliance Notice could cost you a Publication Penalty and a fine of up to £2,000.

Meanwhile, you’re required to present an SAP EPC if your property is newly built, recently converted or had a recent increase in the number of dwellings. 

Additionally, take note that the following property types are exempted from needing an EPC:

•    Places of workship
•    Buildings that are about to be demolished
•    Temporary buildings used for less than two years
•    Entirely detached commercial buildings with a maximum floor area of 50m2
•    Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings with low energy usage

To get a quote for an EPC in London, click here.

Verified Service Provided

Our property professionals are members of the relevant trade accreditation scheme.